Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

Well I`m in the last DAYS of my mission. I can`t put into words how grateful I am for been given the opportunity to serve in Uruguay. I have grate fullness for the many things I have learned in this time and I know this is a `` time to repent and serve God.`` ( Alma 42:4). This has been a time to for me to let Heavenly Father carve me into an instrument in his hands. Although, it hasn`t been easy, it`s been so rewarding.
When I started the mission I was confident and quick to think that it wasn`t too hard to do. I felt like I wasn`t here to repent, I was already strong, and I was just  thinking of the second part of Alma`s words that it was a time to `` serve God.`` I was very prideful and stubborn in thinking I knew what I was doing. Something interesting changed, the more I came unto Christ spiritually, the more I recognized my weaknesses and  need to repent.
 I know the words of Moroni are true when he said: ``And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.`` (Ether 12:27). As I came unto Christ he started carving me, humbling me, and strengthen the many weaknesses I have.
Hermana Dow told me a story, that I loved, of a piano that wanted to be played by God`s hands. He could only imagine how beautiful the music would be if God were only to play a few notes. The only thing was, is that he was not yet a piano. He was only a wooden block. He asked God to make him an instrument in his hands. God then took out his tools to carve him¨; chainsaws, hammers, nails, ect. I could only imagine the look on the blocks face at the sight of the tools God would use to carve him. Although it would hurt, it would be necessary to become an instrument.
I was that block of wood. Ready to be the instrument and serve, but not willing to go through the grinding of repentance. As I served, I finally began to accept the grinding. I was not only coming unto Christ, but I was allowing him to heal me and help me through each grind and pull. With each step in the process to become an instrument in the Lord`s hands I learned that `` That the fullness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world..`` (Doctrine and Covenants 1:23). I was called to serve with all my weaknesses so he could build me into his instrument.
As I was humbled he built me. I began serving AND repenting. I had the spirit more in my life to teach me. I felt spiritual growth within me and I was given gifts of the spirit (Doctrine and Covenants 46:11) to help me be and instrument in his hands. `` …for there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God. To some is given one, and to some is given another, that all may be profited thereby.`` (Doctrine and Covenants 46:11-12) I was given the gift of the spirit, I was given the gift of tongues and interpretations to speak and understand Spanish, I was given the gift of knowledge that all may be taught through my studies, but the most important gift of all that grew within me is knowing that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of the world.

Having pure faith and love for Christ carried me. Every time a nail was hammered into my block of wood, Christ was right there with me saying `` I know what it feel likes to have that nail driven in``. Through his atonement he could carry me in those moments of physical and emotional pain. I know that Christ walks next to every one of his disciples and missionaries. He paid the price so that I could repent and be carved.  Thanks to Christ I could progress into and instrument.
I`m still not a piano. I still have a lot of carving to do. What I don know now, is that this is a time to `` repent and Serve God`` (Alma 42:4). I know that``Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day ( Hoy es el dìa) of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.`` (Alma 34:31-32) Now is the time to prepare to meet our creator. I have to keep repenting and serving the Lord my whole life so that one day I can play as he does.
I`m going to miss Uruguay. It`s where I grew spiritually and where I became closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior. I know that they live and that Christ was sent to atone for our sins. I know that through Christ we can overcome whatever trial comes our way, our sins, and death. I know that he is coming again soon and that he is hasting his work.
Love,
Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment