Tuesday, November 19, 2013

 I'm almost done with the MTC!!!!!!!! 3 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave Monday and I have completely accepted the fact that my Spanish isn't perfect, I won't understand anyone for a while, I'm going to be sound gringo and be looked at as a native, and I LOVE Uruguay already! ESTA BIEN!

   This week a district in my zone got to fly to Vegas for a day and go to the Mexican Consulate for their visas. SO JELLY. I think if I had the opportunity to leave the MTC for a day I would not come back. Ask anyone here..........I'm going crazy. We all are.

   Our district is singing for the musical number on Sunday, because it's our last Sunday. We have no idea what to sing so we have decided we are putting on a musical and changing the words to Les Mis. We spent a good while laughing about it as we sang to each other the other day. Just kidding, but we really don't know what we're going to sing and we all sound bad. I don't think we have ever sang an opening song in class and been serious about it. HOW ARE WE GOING TO SING IN FRONT OF OUR ZONE haha

   I am so sad to leave my district! I can't say that enough about them. 7 of us will be in Uruguay together and one elder is going to Indianapolis. BEST zone in the MTC. We get work done and have a good time.We play this spanish game and It's been interesting to see how much we really do know.

   Speaking of my district there's an elder who has been having a hard time. A couple of us have spent a lot of time talking for him and we have all been praying for him to get through this. Pray for Elder Mckean por favor! He needs it!

   Our zone is huge now! Last Wednesday we got 4 new district! I didn't know half the people on Sunday. It's never been this big. The other day a new elder came into our classroom and said

Him: " Hermana Baca how do you say cliff in Spanish?"
Me:  " No se." ( that's I don't know in Spanish)
Him: " No really"
Me: " No, I really don't know. I've only been learning Spanish for 4 weeks."
Him: " Oh, you look like you would know Spanish"

WHO'S HE CALLING BROWNIE!?!?!?!? Not every dark person knows Spanish. It was hilarious.

   Our district has had a lot of fun messing around with the new missionaries. We can tell them anything and they'll believe us. Last week the Sister Training Leaders held a meeting for all the sisters to attend about modesty and so we could meet each other. They decided to post a flyer in all our classrooms so we would all know. BOY DID THE ELDERS LOVE THAT! They decided that they needed to make flyers and hold a modesty meeting as well. They made ALMOST identical flyers and posted it next to all the flyers the sisters had made. It was one big joke and Elder Dietrich was going to act like " Rex Tae Kwon Do" from Napoleon Dynamite and he made a name badge that said " Elder Rex Modesty" He practiced what he was going to say in front of our district and it was GOLDEN. I laughed so hard! 

   The best part about this was we were in class and their " Modesty Convention" ( As they called it). Was going to start in 20 minutes and the new elders walked in and asked " Elders, we're about to go get our suit coats in the apartment for the meeting, but do you think we should bring something to write on too just in case?" We tried to keep serious, but as soon as they left we were laughing hysterically and our teacher was like " What meeting?". Pictures of the flyers to be attached.

   Our district also decided one day that we would sort each other into Harry Potter houses. We had a sorting session. The Elders left the room and we decided what houses to put them in and then we left the room and they put us into houses. Our houses could not be more accurate. I'm in slytherin.....they all think I'm too sarcastic. Pictures to come of our sortings. #nerds

  HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK: Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us for the Tuesday night devotional. I had no idea something happened in the Philippines until everyone who spoke said something about it! He told some pretty neat stories of missionaries there. ALL the missionaries are fine. Coincidence.... I think not. This is the Lords work.

  HIGHLIGHT OF MY MTC EXPERIENCE: 

   Here in the MTC our teachers pretend to be investigators and we teach them lessons in Spanish for practice. It sounds weird, but even though I know it's my teacher it feels so real! They pick investigators they taught on their missions so it's easier to act like them. I truly feel the lord gives them acting powers or something during these lessons. 

   We have been teaching a guy named " Constantio" for the last few weeks. This past week we reached the baptism date we set for him and finished teaching our investigator. We were the only ones to do this with Constantino. How COOL! And I learned so many things from this.

   The next day it was time to teach Constantino, but my companion and I had finished teaching him. I asked Hermano Bullock if he could give us a new investigator that was similar to what we would experience in Uruguay. He decided to gives us a guy he taught named Silvio. 

   Silvio's parents died when he was 14, he lived with his older brother who he never saw, he worked all day, and didn't even know who God was.

   It was hard to be positive during the lesson. I loved Silvio just talking to him. I just wanted to teach him EVERYTHING and let him know how loved he was. This was someone who felt like NO ONE loved him. And you could see it in his demeanor and everything. 

   After the lesson Hermano Bulluck went out of acting mode and said " you did well! I could tell it was hard for both of you but you did SO well." Hermana Reed said: " I felt so sad the entire time! Are we really going to be teaching people like that?" Hermano Bullock said " All the time."

   We left that lesson with the spirit so STRONG.

   The people in Uruguay have nothing. They need this gospel because so many times you'll hear stories like Silvio's there and then they hear this message and their lives are changed. They go from nothing to happiness! And you don't even need material things to change their lives. 

  I can't wait to go to Uruguay. I love these people so much. I love this gospel so much! Why wouldn't I want to share this message and give up a year and a half of my life to share it. It's not a sacrifice to give up my time it's a blessing.

Love you and miss you all! Adios!

Love, Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment