Friday, December 20, 2013

   I can´t believe it´s already Monday again! We have long days and short weeks. We work A LOT. I love it though! I keep having dreams that I am home and everytime I have a dream like that I always want to go back to Uruguay in my dream. I guess it´s more like a nightmare than a dream haha

   This week we had a big conference with over 100 missionaries here. I really wanted to see some of the missionaries that were in the MTC with me, but I didn´t know who I would run into. I was watching everyone walk up to the church and I saw Hermana Sorenson. I WAS SO HAPPY! I ran up to her and hugged her. It was like something you see in a movie.We were both so happy! I loved hearing how things were going for her here and sharing our experiences.

   During the conference Elder Castillo ,who is in my area and lives next door, got really sick. We have been taking care of the elders this week because of it. One morning they called us and asked us if we could bring over a thermometer and so we did. A half an hour later Elder Larrea called and said ¨Hermana´s how do you use the thermometer?¨ They need their mommys! I can´t count how many times they have called us this week. haha They are doing better now though!

   I´m glad I am not sick because I would not want to stay in a hot house all day. The houses don´t have air conditioning or heating so it´s cooler outside. Last night it was VERY hot and humid. I didn´t sleep at all and ended up soaking my hair in water over and over througout the night to cool down. I guess there is one good thing to having cold water.
 
   Walking in hot/humid weather all day is.... fun. I am going to have some pretty sweet tan lines when I get home! One of the members came up to me at our activity on Friday and told me I was turning black.... Thank you Hermana Curbelo! 

  Our house is going to change! One of the Senior missionaries came and told us his plans to fix it up. Missionaries have been living there since 2005. My mattress is about to get moved to the floor because the frame is too fragile. We got a new pink toilet seat! Fun! haha We were holding off on getting the sink fixed and then yesterday it officially broke. We had a rag holding it together. It just kept spraying out water and wouldn´t stop. Now THAT was a party! And we got 2 new fans already! One is like a hurricane which is perfect timing because it´s been SUPER hot.

   Even though it´s hot all day the nights here are great! I live for Uruguayan nights! Everyone´s outside, the sky is pretty, and the weather is cool. All of that means that the people are more friendly. We say ¨Hola!¨ to everyone as we walk and most of the time they glare at us or mock us. haha

   One day we ran into a guy that wanted to talk to us FOREVER. We were so excited at first and then we realized he was high... He told me, TOLD not asked, that I was from Haiti. After we finally got away from him we ran into him all over San Fernando that day and everytime he was talking with different people. The people would always have the same expression as we did when we talked to them of ¨ Ok, this guy is crazy.¨ At one he told the people he was talking to that I was Asian....LOCO!

   Luckily the members are VERY nice and not crazy. :) Sometimes I just want to avoid visiting their houses because they all give us food! I am always full on three things bread, juice/soda, and Toco. Toco is raviolio or pasta with a little bit of sauce. ¨ Why can´t I just have a salud or someting¨ (Nacho Libre).

   Its a blessing though because other areas don´t have members like ours. One night we got home and we were actually hungry because we didn´t eat a lot that day. A little while later one of the members called and said she was bringing over a pizza and some food. She didn´t have a reason either! She just wanted to do something nice for the missionaries. Another day it was super hot and we were talking to a member. As we talked he had a cup of ice cream and it looked SO GOOD! We went to the Jacientios house after and guess what they brought out! ICE CREAM! We are truly blessed. 

   The other day though I thought I was going to be lunch instead of getting lunch! The house we went to for lunch that day had stray dogs around it and me and Hermana Lopez spent a good 5 minutes trying to avoid them until the family finally came out and chased them away. I was laughing haha The dogs are so crazy! Seriously!

  Miss you all! Remember HOY ES EL DIA the Lord is hastening his work. I challenge you all to share the gospel with one of your friends for Christmas. Christmas is about the Lord not about us. We should be trying to give him gifts. There is no better way to show your appriciation for him than to share his message.

CHOW! 
Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment