Sunday, April 20, 2014

It´s getting cold!!! This winter is going to be very cruel due to humidity, rain, and wind. Despite the cold I had a great week and weekend.

Friday was the baptism of our investigator, P. He is 80 years old and is SO funny. He breaks into tears every time he talks about Hermana Jordan and I . The other day he said  ¨ I have a question.¨ and we said ¨ Yes P.¨ and then he said with tears in his eyes ¨ Can we take a photo so I can put it above my table to see everyday?¨ 

Then another time he asked me ¨Are you going back to the United State tomorrow?¨ as he cried :( and I said ¨No, no P, not for a long time.¨ and then he smiled and laughed. haha He makes me want to stay here forever.

His baptism was so spiritual and went so well! Usually baptism days are crazy , but not for him. Although, the week before we had the craziest things happen and it got worse everyday. Despite all the trials he had during this time, he made it to his baptism day!

While I was in Rivera, another ¨state¨ in Uruguay, this weekend he kept asking ¨Where´s La Vaca?¨ ( where´s the cow?) haha

Rivera was so fun! I went with Hermana Olson to help out with their stake conference and I got to see my MOM! ( a.k.a. my trainer) It was so nice to spend time with her after not seeing her for 2 months. I also got to meet the family of my mission president. Then on the way home we traveled through Brazil and it was sooo pretty! I was lucky. :)

I am loving it here and I love teaching this gospel. The pounding spirit I feel when testify of these things is what I feel everyday. EVERYDAY and that´s why I love it so much. I could do this forever. I KNOW that this gospel is true and I know that we have so little time to help others know of the truth fullness. I know it so much that at times I get overwhelmed and stressed with how much work there is to be done. I can´t imagine how Heavenly Father feels. I know of the love he has for his children and I feel it everyday.

Miss you and love you all!

Love, Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment