Sunday, April 20, 2014

This week I´ll have 6 months in the mission!!!!! I refuse to say I have that much time. One sister in my ward has a son who left the same day as I did and she always tells me ¨ NO HERMANA YOU HAVE MORE TIME!¨ I don´t want to have this much time though. It makes me sad.
 
General Conference was so good. I am so grateful for the prophet and apostles we have today. I learned a lot of things,but what I got most out of it was PREPARE YOURSELVES. We are in the last days and I know we´re getting closer and closer to the day that the savior comes again. It is only going to get harder from here and having a firm foundation is essential. The foundation we need to keep us firm when the storm comes should have been built yesterday. More than ever this foundation needs to be established within our homes and families. If we build strong houses, we will be prepared for when the hurricane comes.
 
We can´t follow the worlds views when establishing this security in our homes. I was reading today in 2 Nephi 28:31 and it says ¨cursed is he that putteth his trust in man.¨ ( pretty direct, I know.) It´s true though. We can´t follow the worlds view on things. The minute we´re disobedient is the minute we give Satan power over us.

I know with all my heart that today is the day the Lord is hastening his work, but so is the adversary. That´s why it is so important to follow the counsel of the prophet and his apostles. They´re the cement and bricks we need to build our foundations. I KNOW this church is the church of Jesus Christ and true happiness can only be found by living it´s teachings. I love you and miss you all!

Love, Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment