Wednesday, September 3, 2014



September 1, 2014



As a mission we are working on teaching with more clarity the doctrine of Christ to help those we teach understand and progress. As president Smith says ´´ We have a belief that when people understand the doctrine of Christ they return to church or get baptized and never turn back.´´ The work we are doing changes lives. I testify that when someone understands the doctrine of Christ they repent and come unto Christ. I am able to see this more and more in my mission as I work to understand the doctrine of Christ and teach better. The doctrine of Christ has changed me.
Alma taught is son Corianton the doctrine of Christ. (Alma 39-42) He taught him clearly so that his rebellious son would change his heart and repent. He understood that if he could understand the importance of returning to his Heavenly Father through repentance, he would change. Corianton needed to learn the Doctrine of Christ and his father was a great missionary who took the time to teach him.
When we are rebellious and seek to do our own will we are choosing to be like Corianton. WE CANNOT BE LIKE CORIANTON BECAUSE WE CANNOT RETURN TO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IN AN UNWORTHY STATE. The consequence of justice takes it´s place making it impossible to return to our Heavenly Father. Although our Heavenly Father is merciful so that we can repent and not face the consequences of the demands of justice.
It´s completely possible through the Atonement to erase of the consequences of Justice. Like Alma says in Alma 42: 23 ´´But God ceases not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.´´ Our Heavenly Father is so merciful.
I have studied about the Mercy of our Heavenly Father in and out this week. I was surprised to find how many times the Book of Mormon says ´´Misericordia´´ or in English ´´mercy´´. All the prophets in the Book of Mormon have repeated to say so many times that our Heavenly Father is merciful. They pounded that into the scriptures so many times so that we would understand.
It´s like when my mom keeps telling me to clean my room. She repeats it over and over again at times. It´s not that I didn´t understand or hear her though, but she keeps repeating it until I show her that I understood and heard her through my actions. Our Heavenly Father repeats saying the same thing so that we understand and put into action that we understand by repenting.
Through prophets he teaches clearly and repeats what he wants his children to know so that we return. So that we don´t have to face the consequences of justice, because he loves us. As I come to understand the Doctrine of Christ I understand how important I am to my Heavenly Father. Alma wanted to teach Corianton about his importance and then when he finished teaching him he sent his son to declare the doctrine of Christ to others ( Alma 42:31).
I UNDERSTAND the doctrine of Christ better and I feel so very obligated to declare what I know to help others understand. I feel what Alma felt as he taught his son every time I walk into a house. After Alma taught these these he couldn´t even rest and went and taught right along side his sons. Alma 43:1 ´´And now it came to pass that the sons of Alma did go forth among the people, to declare the word unto them. And Alma, also, himself, could not rest, and he also went forth.´´
I don´t want to rest. I know understand why Alma was such a great missionary. I know understand why he didn´t rest. More importantly, I understand why Jesus Christ never rested to teach his doctrine. I understand why he suffered so much for us. I understand the importance of the name I carry and my badge and the sacred calling I have to preach his gospel.
I love my Heavenly Father and savior Jesus Christ. I know they both live and love us. I know that this is the true church that has the fullness of the doctrine that Christ taught. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that through the atonement I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again.


Love,
Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment