Sunday, September 21, 2014



September 15, 2014




I have been studying a lot about faith. I have learned a lot about the relationship between faith and obedience. It says in the scripture guide that faith is to have confidence in Jesus Christ. We can´t just say we have faith in Jesus Christ; it has to be shown through actions. It´s interesting here, because Uruguayans love to say how much faith they have, although faith without actions is dead.

We show faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ when we obey his commandments. When we´re obedient it´s saying that we trust in him and when we´re disobedient it´s saying we trust more in ourselves. If he is able to see our loyalty through obedience he blesses us with miracles in our lives. The brother of Jared was obedient and when he prayed to his Heavenly Father he expressed his trust in him, saying:

´´4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.

5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men.´´

He expressed fully his trust in the Lord and he was also obedient to every commandment given to him. After, expressing his faith he saw a miracle. The Lord showed his finger and touched two rocks that would help him fulfill the commandments the Lord gave him. He didn´t have faith because he saw a miracle, but he saw a miracle because of his faith. When we are faithful we can expect miracles. ( Ether 12:18)

I have not seen the finger of the Lord, but I have seen the hand of Lord as I work. I know it´s because of my obedience to and willingness to obey the mission rules or commandments. As I express my confidence in the Lord and I pour out my desires in prayers day and night and show my willingness to serve him through obedience I have seen miracles.

I have a strong desire to find more people to teach and this week we have seen miracles. One day we went to go contact a reference. The reference wasn´t home, but the mom let us in to teach. She started telling us in tears how just that morning she had passed for a trial and was looking for comfort. She knew that we could help because she had listened to the message before. When we should up at her door, it was perfect timing.

Then, as we started teaching her she expressed how she knew Joseph Smith was a prophet and she has continued reading in her Book of Mormon since the missionaries taught her years ago. We then taught her about the Doctrine of Christ and invited her to be baptized. It was a miracle and the Lords hand was with us the whole time.

Yesterday we even went to go teach a family of 6 who are preparing for baptism. They are incredible and have such strong testimonies of Joseph Smith. We entered and the parents and sisters of the wife were visiting. We taught a powerful lesson and our investigators were able to testify of Joseph Smith. The whole family is willing to go to church and be baptized. It´s incredible.

I know this is the Lords work and through me he teaching his children. I am so grateful I have the opportunity to know and work with all of these people. For the miracles the Lord shows me every day and that I can grow with them. I know my Heavenly Father loves them and me and that he sent his son Jesus Christ to lead us back to him.




Love,

Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment