Monday, January 27, 2014



This week flew by again! It´s crazy how fast time flies. Time isn´t the only crazy thing here. The weather this week has been out of control! I thought Vegas weather was bipolar, but compared to Uruguay, it´s nothing. It goes from hot to raining cold weather by the hour. I have no idea what to wear to suit the weather for the day. I love the storms here though!






One night it was hot so I had the fan going and window wide open.During the night I decided to randomly wake up and shut the window. I know that was total inspiration and warning from the holy ghost, because a few minutes the power went off and it started to storm. It was the craziest storm I´ve seen yet! It´s so flat here that, that night the wind seriously made me fear a little.





I decided to move away from the window and go sit on Hermana Lopez´ bed with her. Neither of us could sleep so we just sat there looking out the window from across the room and all we could talk about was our investigators. We both couldn´t stop thinking about them before we went to bed that night so we both had ideas........ and then we had a 45 minute conversation about pancakes as we feared for our lives haha






One day we had a lesson with a less active and it was completely cloudy. While we were talking to the member her 85 year old mom randomly pulled out sunglasses and put them on. Now, these weren´t just ANY sunglasses. The only way I can describe them is ¨groovy¨they were just..... groovy. I was laughing so hard. I just turned my body away, because I couldn´t look at her just sitting there silently, plank expression on her face, wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day. Ohhhhh Hermana! I love her and all her madness.






The works good. Unfortunately our baptisms this past week fell through. Don´t worry my heart is only a little torn..... We are working very hard with these people to over come their smoking. Pray for Juan and Lorena :) They need it! I love and miss you all!






Love, Hermana Baca



***If you know Kaylee then you know she HATES the wind. The mission president posted photo's of the damage from the storm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment