Monday, January 6, 2014





I UNDERSTAND!!!! That was my Christmas present :) I don´t understand everything of course, but MOST of what people say. It also depends on the person. haha Some people just have weird accents. I love it because now I feel like I can actually contribute and converse with these people during lessons.






I had a great Christmas in Uruguay. They celebrate on the 24th. That day I woke up sick, but I still wanted to go visit all our less active families and investigators for lessons so despite what I felt I still left the house and didn´t say anything haha BAD IDEA. It was really hot that day and we had a lot of walking to do to get from one appointment to another. At the end of the day we met up with the elders to walk to one of our last appointments. As we were walking I felt more and more sick. FINALLY I threw up right there in the middle of a busy street. MERRY CHRISTMAS! It was great. ( No, really, it was. I was waiting for that all day.)






The day ended great because I was able to eat dinner after that and the members really took care of me. Christmas here, is like the 4th of July or New Years. At midnight fireworks go off everywhere. I just sat in my bed and watched them out the window because there was no way I would be able to sleep. It´s a party all night long for them.






We had an AWESOME last week of the year. We have had some great lessons but what made the difference this week was we had A LOT of lessons with the members. I am starting to learn that, that´s really the way to go with missionary work if you REALLY want to see people convert to the gospel. All of our investigators came through members. There are many blessings that come through these lessons






1. The investigator has a relationship with the members so when the missionaries leave, they´ll stay active in church.


2. The members are ALWAYS able to connect with the investigator on a level that missionaries wouldn´t be able to. For example, one of our investigators has 5 kids......I have none.


3. EVERY TIME the members testimony is strengthened and they learn from the lesson too.





Not only do I see blessings from working with the members, but President Monson told us in this last conference that ¨Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together to work together to labor in the Lords vineyard to bring souls unto him.¨ So if a prophet says it. It´s coming from our Heavenly Father. Hermana Lopez and I were talking and she was saying how more than 50% of the conference talks were about missionary work. In past times we have seen the prophets warn about having saving and food storage. Years later the recession took place. In past times the prophets warned about the family unit and The Family Proclamation To the World was made. Now we´re seeing family units becoming less and less united all over the world.Today, the prophet in his apostles aren´t sending out a warning. They´re saying NOW is the time to prepare ourselves and others for the second coming of Christ. TODAY IS THE DAY. ¡ HOY ES EL DIA!






I am see success when I work with the members. We have over 80,000 missionaries working, but we can´t do it alone. WE NEED MEMBERS HELP. Like I said TODAY IS THE DAY to prepare those who you love and care about for the second coming so when the day comes you don´t regret not sharing the knowledge you have about the restored gospel on the earth today. This isn´t my council, this isn´t President Monson´s council, this is the Lords council. Doctrine and Covenants 88:73.






I challenge you all to share this message with you´re friends and family who don´t have it. Pray to know who you can help and I promise as you follow the Lords council he will guide you as you share his message and you will see blessings fall into your life.










Love, Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment