Thursday, March 13, 2014

I have exciting news! One night before going to bed Hermana Cisnero asked me if I could please stop talking in my sleep so she could get some sleep. I then asked her if she could understand anything I said, thinking it had to have been in English, and she told me it was all in Spanish and she could understand everything I said.


This week has been a roller coaster of learning. It´s been hard, but that´s good I have learned a lot and I am still learning. Hermana Cisnero is a GREAT teacher. She is so good at teaching during the lessons that sometimes I want to just sit and listen too. In fact, it´s great that I have her as a companion, because this is an area I struggle with. I want to teach with clarity, but having to translate every sentence makes it´s 10 times harder.


Hermana Cisnero has been trying to help me teach better this week and with more unison in our companionship. It´s been a week of tears and practice, that´s for sure! Although, it´s been hard we have been seeing the blessings of all our hard work. The more we work together to make this better the more we see MIRACLES.


Now, we even have a ¨Miracle Street¨. On this street we have found 3 new investigators and 2 inactive members whose records are no where to be found. All within a block or so on this street. ( I´m half tempted to just keep walking up and down this street everyday haha). One miracle we saw on this street is Matias, a 20 year old boy randomly stopped us on the street, told us how he was interested in our church, and asked US for a pamphlet.



After this happened I couldn´t help, but to cry. The whole day I had been struggling. The whole day I had thoughts of how bad of a missionary I was because I couldn´t teach and work well with my companion. That day all I was doing was praying and trying SO hard to change. Even when I kept thinking ¨I don´t know why Heavenly Father trust me to do this work¨ He kindly taught me that no matter how much I think I can´t do it, he knows I can and the work still goes on. He STILL sent Matias running up to us asking for a pamphlet. haha Even, when I was walking down the street sulking about how hard it was.


Hermana Cisnero told me something this week that changed everything. She told me that I need to teach the best I can, because I´m teaching these people about their salvation. It´s not something to be taught without love. After that I look at EVERY single person I teach with SUCH a different perspective.


Hermana Cisnero is so right. We have to take this work very seriously. Every single person matters to our Heavenly Father and that´s why this work is so important. I don´t know why Heavenly Father trust 18 or 19 year olds to do such this work, but all I know is I love him so if that takes changing. my ways to teach and save the way he wants. I will keep trying the best I can.


This work is SO IMPORTANT. Sometimes it´s hard to teach people these things or sometimes to just even invite those that our close to us to listen because we fear the outcome of what they might say, but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT SALVATION HERE. So we have neighbors, friends, and family to teach. It´s hard, but the Lord trust us to do it and it´s SO rewarding when we do.


I know this is Christ church and the message we carry is the saving message for everyone. I know Heavenly Father loves me and the more I know it for myself the more I feel that same love he has for each and every one of us.


I love and miss you all!


Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment