Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Jun 2
Before my mission I had read multiple times in the scriptures when it says ¨Feast upon the words of Christ¨. I always thought that meant to read your scriptures A LOT. Now I´m learning that it´s more than that. To feast is to keep eating until you just can´t get enough because it´s so good. I am now learning that it´s not just reading, but also having the hunger to keep reading until you can´t get enough.
I have to divide my study time each day so I don´t just read, and read, and read. Then when it is time to end, I don´t want to. I am ¨feasting upon the words of Christ¨ and I can´t get enough. I am learning so much more about Christ and it´s helping me become more like him.
One thing that I learned this past week is to have more confianza in the atonement. When I think of the atonement I think of how Christ suffered and paid for our afflictions and sins. Although, when I think of this I think of BIG trials of afflictions or GREAT sins. I don´t think of all the other little pains he suffered. I know though that when he suffered it was for ALL afflictions. Big or small.( Alma 7. 11-13)
He did this to help us in every affliction. Even the small little pains. He did it so that when we are suffering, he can have the experience and knowledge to relive us from these pains.
I am trying to put this in to practice everyday. For example, the other day it was pouring rain non-stop. I don´t do well when it´s cold, wet, and rainy outside. It´s a little affliction that I am trying to overcome every time I go out in the rain. Before I went out I prayed that I could have the strength not to let it effect me.
When I went out it was still cold, wet, and rainy. The weather didn´t stop for my prayer, but I know that my Savior felt the same pain once. I know that I wasn´t suffering that day, because I put my faith and trust in the atonement.
I know that he suffered for me. I know that the atonement is hard to understand, but with the scriptures, prayer, and applying it more in our lives it´s possible to understand. I don´t know the limit of pain Jesus Christ suffered in the garden of Gethsemane and I will probably never know. What I do know is that it´s REAL.
There are so many people who need the never ending power of the atonement in their lives. The more I understand the atonement and the price the savior paid because of the love he has for each and every one of us, the more love I have for others. I have a bigger desire to serve those around me and help them come unto Christ.
Love, Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment