Tuesday, March 10, 2015

MARCH 2, 2015


For the last couple of weeks I had been having some trouble studying how I should teach the Doctrine of Christ in a more effective way. After listening to the zone conference and how we needed to study the Doctrine of Christ and find our own ways to teach it I felt the need to look for a whole new way to teach it. I began knocking and knocking and knocking to receive an answer to my prayers and receive revelation, but it wasn`t coming. I was diligently studying how King Benjamin taught the Doctrine of Christ and as a companionship we were focusing on becoming better teachers.
Last week as Hermana Hafen and I sat in on the conference for the Oreos everything just started to click. We both had the question of how we were supposed to teach the Doctrine of Christ in different ways and as you taught the Oreos the Doctrine of Christ and gave the assistants feedback everything started to click in my head. As they taught clearly I was able to understand the Doctrine better and relate it to everything I had been studying in Mosiah. In that moment I felt like the Lord started answering all my knocks. I was receiving revelation through the spirit.
As they taught it was in a clear way where I could see that they understood the Doctrine to be able to teach it in whatever way needed. After all it`s like memorizing how to solve one math problem or memorizing the way to solve it. If we just know how to solve one math problem, when a harder or different problem is given we won`t be able to solve it. All of our investigators and less active are different. We need to be able to help them understand the Doctrine of Christ according to their needs, not a memorized way. The better we understand the Doctrine, the better we will be able to teach it to whomever, whenever, and with the spirit.
As I listened to the assistance and you teach I felt the door to the revelation I needed opening over and over again. I was writing everything down like crazy and I was so excited to put it all together with Hermana Hafen. The next day when we got home we sat down to have a companionship study. With both our thoughts and the spirit it was like revelation overload! We found an inspired way to teach the Doctrine of Christ.
In Mosiah 4 King Benjamin teaches his people how they can be saved. As representative of Jesus Christ we`re here to teach other about the things they need to be saved, because we love them and our Heavenly Father loves them too. When King Benjamin taught it says that ``…and behold they had fallen to the earth… And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God``. ( Mosiah 4: 1-2).
When the Doctrine of Christ is taught clearly, people understand and they change. They understand the need for repentance to be saved and that the only way to receive repentance is by accessing the atonement. They understand that the only way they can access the atonement is through covenants like the sacrament and baptism. Just as the people of King Benjamin were able to understand and access the atonement, we want our investigators and members to understand and start changing to access the atonement.
The Doctrine of Christ teaches exactly what we need to do be saved. After teaching the Doctrine of Christ King Benjamin said ``And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.`` ( Mosiah 4:8) Only through living the Doctrine of Christ can we be saved and God has set these conditions.
 Hermana Hafen taught me about the word `` conditions`` in this verse. When we want to rent a house a contract is presented with certain conditions that are set by a landlord and we have the liberated to accept or decline these conditions. The Lord puts his conditions for which we can be saved. The conditions he has set are that we need to have faith in his son Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by someone having his authority, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end by weekly participation of the sacrament. We accept these conditions when we are baptized and if we don`t renew our contract weekly we don`t have the promise of salvation and the Holy Ghost.
I am grateful for my understanding of the Doctrine of Christ and for the Holy Ghost that helps me learn and understand it. I am grateful for a Savior and that we can all be saved through living his Doctrine and applying the atonement in our lives. I love my Heavenly Father and I am willing to do anything to be a servant in his hands just as Kind Benjamin was and was able to teach excelently. 
Love,
Hermana Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment